Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water can seem harmless but when it intrudes your home or business, the damage can be catastrophic. Here are some water damage response tips for home and business owners:
1. Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely
2. Remove excess water by mopping or blotting
3. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
4. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs to prevent damage
5. Remove area rugs from wet carpeted flooring
6. DO NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water
7. Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Call us today at (256) 233-4033 if you experience a water damage in your home or business. We will get started right away in order to minimize the damage done to your property.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (256) 233-4033
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.