Planning of Traveling this Spring/Summer? Guard your Home Against Water Damage!
The spring and summer months mean warmer temperatures, blooming foliage, and for many Limestone & Lawrence Counties/Decatur families, travel plans. Whether you are relaxing in the mountains, or spending time with loved ones in another state, the last thing you want is a phone call saying, “I’m so sorry, but there’s been a water damage at your home.” Help safeguard yourself and your property against this scenario by prepping your home before heading out of town. How, you ask? SERVPRO of Limestone & Lawrence Counties/Decatur offers these tips:
- Turn off the main water supply to your house before leaving. Since the water will not be in use, it may be beneficial to keep the water from flowing in case of a plumbing issue.
- Check your pipes for any corrosion, cracks, or leaks before heading out.
- Clear out debris from rain gutters. Clogged gutters can allow rainwater to back up onto your roof.
- Double check that all doors and windows are closed and locked. Not only is this imperative to keep your property safe from burglary but can also help limit water intrusion.
- Have a friend or neighbor check in on your home. Depending on the length of time you will be away, this approach may help limit the extent of damages if they were to occur.
In the unfortunate event that you do incur water damages at home while you travel, or at any other time, know that SERVPRO of Limestone & Lawrence Counties/Decatur is Here to Help. Our team of experienced professionals utilizes industry leading equipment and techniques to quickly address these damages and begin the mitigation process. Looking to learn more about our services, or in need of assistance? Give us a call at (256) 233-4033