How do We Properly Handle a Water Damage?
Water damages are bound to happen, whether from a deteriorated pipe, leaking refrigerator supply line, or one of a million other possibilities. When these damages do occur, it is important to handle them as quickly as possible to limit the amount of affected area and reduce the likelihood of secondary damages. One of the most frequent questions that we are asked when we take a call for a water damage is “how are you going to handle this?” SERVPRO of Limestone & Lawrence Counties/Decatur utilizes industry leading technology, equipment, and practices to tackle even the most disastrous of damages, and here’s how:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response. The quicker that we can arrive on site and begin assessing the damages the better.
- Standing Water Extraction. Depending on the type of flooring, we have various equipment options to extract and remove any standing water present.
- Stabilization of the Property. There are many steps that can take place during this phase, including placement of containment barriers, setup of drying and dehumidification equipment, and contents manipulation to better access the affected area.
- Once these first steps have been taken, we will thoroughly assess the extent of the damages, formulate a plan for restoration and/or demolition, and begin coordinating all resources needed to take on the project.
- Communication is Key! Throughout the course of the project, we focus on staying in communication with the stakeholder(s) involved and providing them with progress updates. Along with these briefings, we will also extensively document our progress through photos, notes, and drying logs.